Healthy eating for weight loss must consider not just your desire to lose weight, but also your long term health. These two ideas should be inextricably linked in your mind. Few diets on the market do that. Instead, it’s more common to offer people something that sounds attractive, such as losing x weight in y days, but that can be hazardous to your health, not satisfying, boring, perhaps even expensive. The following diet plan works!
There is little point in losing weight miserably. Why starve yourself when this is not necessary? As soon as you reach your target weight, if you ever do, you will ravenously return to the bad old ways that created the weight in the first place.
The same goes for a boring diet.
Some diets are so rigid they are impossible to maintain.
But the more serious yet often overlooked problem with many diets is that they don’t take into consideration your health. It is assumed that by simply losing weight, you are becoming healthier. This is not necessarily true. It’s true that by losing excess weight you can get rid of many problematic diseases, such as high blood pressure and heart related problems, in the short term.
But some diets, if you maintain them, can get you into long term health problems.
What you need is a plan of action for a permanent change. One that will keep you inspired, while losing weight AND gaining health.
Any diet plan worth its salt should:
- be easy to maintain in the long term
- be easy to fit in with you – you are an individual with unique needs and tastes
- be easy to fit in with your way of life, your schedule
- be, above all, nutritious
- offer you a tangible way to measure your ongoing improvement in health
- offer you delicious foods and ways to prepare them
- be adaptable as you change
- be acceptable to the rest of the family, or at least not weird
Healthy eating for weight loss offers you all this and more. This diet plan works across the board!