Healthy eating and weight loss go together naturally. It is possible to lose weight while eating badly, but it will not last. You’re not satisfying your body’s needs, so your health will deteriorate. This tends to lead into a spiral of further unhealthy foods, which inevitably means stacking on the weight again.
The alternative of focussing on healthy eating, automatically leads to weight loss, but without the effort.
There are so many reasons why people are unhealthy and why they carry excess weight, with excess weight automatically leading to ill health sooner or later.
There are many myths about that support someone’s ego or financial interests, which are accepted as the done deal, but which are detrimental to your health, and your weight.
One example is milk. Many consider milk to be good for your bones. It’s accepted almost unquestioningly, worldwide. Yet more and more practitioners are coming to the conclusion that milk is not only not a good source of calcium, but that it can also cause disease.
For example, a cardiologist links milk to cholesterol. A paediatrician links milk to allergies, iron deficient anaemia and various other problems. An osteopath shows how milk is responsible for chronic fatigue, arthritis, cramps and more.
Many other myths abound. This is one of the reasons why the world is so unhealthy and why obesity is becoming increasingly common.
While most people agree that fast food is not only unhealthy food, but also contributes to excess weight, it is still consumed in abundance. Check out this chart of facts for confirmation.
Fast food should be your number one priority to let go, if you have half a heart to eat well and remain trim. You need to work towards never buying such food again. Ever. If you don’t completely shift your thinking away from it, if the thought of going into a fast food outlet doesn’t send shivers down your spine, you haven’t made the necessary changes.
Here are some facts about fast food to get you started:
- fast food is cheap, using the poorest ingredients to make a quick buck
- fast food is one of the highest sources of GM food, especially in the oils
- fast food is high in chemical ingredients, which are only ever used to further cheapen the food
- fast food is high in processed food, which is nutrient deficient and difficult to digest
- fast food is highly acidic, leading to every health disorder, but especially bowel problems
- the suppliers of fast food use unethical and unsustainable methods to produce the raw materials needed – in effect they are raping the earth
- fast food is all about making a profit for the companies, without a care for your health – but this will be masked by bringing in attractive and persuasive marketing
Instead of eating at home, people are becoming more and more reliant on fast food and take aways, after a hard day at work. The stress of work and the poor diet leads to more ill health. This leads to taking drugs to counter the ill health. Drugs don’t counter ill health, they suppress it, the start of a slippery slope.
Healthy eating and weight loss means taking responsibility for your diet as well as your life style. Learn to eat well. Make that your priority. You only have this body. Look after it. Don’t get caught up with other people’s agenda, who will try to persuade you to stay in your old ways, so that they can feel comfortable.
Shift your focus. Instead of trying to lose weight, try to eat well. This instantly downloadable ebook shows you how.
Leave a Reply